July 26, 2011

Bainbridge Timbers Restaurant, Bainbridge, Ohio



I treated myself to a short drive to Bainbridge this afternoon, and started off with lunch at Bainbridge Timbers located on Hwy 50.

Bainbridge Timbers is a small Mom & Pop-type restaurant with a typical bill of fare that you'd expect in most diners that size.  The menu choices include breakfast, lunch and dinner, and I was also offered one of several daily specials (although the waitress used another word, which escapes me at the moment).  One special was a chicken salad croissant with chips, another was a combo chicken salad  plate with cottage cheese and fresh fruit at a cost of $5.50.

Fresh fruit sounded good to me on a hot day, so I ordered the chicken salad combo but substituted macaroni salad for the cottage cheese.  My order arrived within a reasonable time and the plate was heaped with food.




I was served a large platter with a generous scoop of both macaroni and chicken salad centered on a lettuce leaf, surrounded by an abundance of fresh fruit which included banana slices, strawberries, grapes, watermelon, and pineapple.  Both salads were tasty and the fruit was bright and fresh.  The presentation was very pleasing to the eye for such a simple meal.

The staff at Bainbridge Timbers was attentive without being bothersome, and interacted with the customers, most of whom seemed to be regular diners.

The dining area was fairly cramped, but overall, I enjoyed my meal at The Bainbridge Timbers today.  Good food at a decent price served by pleasant wait staff is hard to top, and they pulled it off with simple, country charm.

I enjoyed my first meal at The Bainbridge Timbers today, but I'm sure it won't be my last.

Bainbridge Timbers
3920 U.S. Hwy 50W, Bainbridge, OH 45612
Telephone 740.634.2333
Hours of Operation:
Sun - Wed, 5:00 am to 8:00 pm, Thurs - Sat, 5:00 am - 9:00 pm

Bainbridge Timbers Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Watch this blog to see where else I visited in Bainbridge today.

1 comment:

Jamal Mohamed said...

Great post on "Bainbridge Timbers Restaurant, Bainbridge, Ohi". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- chocolate making program | baking classes dubai